PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY CONTRACT
My minor child (“the Minor”) has been accepted as a student in the Scholars for Scholars program. It is coordinated by Scholars for Scholars (hereinafter “Organization”) The Minor has my consent to attend. I understand the nature and requirements of the Organization. With that understanding, it is my judgment that the Minor is qualified and able to participate in the Organization. I acknowledge that the Minor’s participation in the Organization is voluntary. “Parent” hereby refers to the legal guardian of the Minor.
Due to the age of the Minor, Scholars for Scholars requires that this Agreement be executed by me in consideration of the Minor’s being permitted to enroll in the Organization. I agree to and acknowledge the following:
(1) I am the Minor’s parent or legal guardian.
(2) I agree that the Minor will abide by all of the rules and regulations and, if found in violation, may be removed from the Organization either temporarily or permanently. I understand that Scholars for Scholars may withdraw the Minor’s participation if this Organization is disrupted or altered in any way by the Minor’s behavior. I further agree that as a parent or guardian of the Minor, I take full responsibility for the behavior and conduct of the Minor and any consequences resulting from his or her actions.
(3) As a parent of the Minor, I understand that there are safety risks associated with the Minor’s participation in the Organization and activities designed for children. I acknowledge and agree that I have had the opportunity to ask questions of Scholars for Scholars officials concerning these matters, and all questions have been answered to our satisfaction. I further acknowledge that I or my student is in good physical condition and I do not know of any medical or physical condition or other reason that I or my student should not participate in Tutoring Services or which could interfere with my student’s safety in such Tutoring Services, or else I am willing to assume—and bear the cost of—all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition. My or my student’s participation in any Tutoring Service activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to have me and/ or my student participate in spite of the risks and known or unknown dangers associated with Tutoring Services activities
(4) On behalf of ourselves, our heirs, executors, and administrators, I waive and release forever any and all rights for claims and damages I may have against Scholars for Scholars (both individually and jointly), their trustees, officers, employees, and agents in any manner due to any personal injury or property loss sustained as the result of the Minor’s participation in the Organization. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, judgments, losses and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees for personal injury or death to the Minor or damage to the Minor’s property during the Organization period arising out of or resulting from the negligent or wrongful acts or omissions of Scholars for Scholars, and their employees and agents with the exception of gross or willful misconduct.
(5) I agree that should there be disagreements or problems with the implementation of this agreement, the laws of New York will govern any resolution. I further agree that should litigation or grievances result, the forum for any lawsuit, hearing or adjudication shall be in New York.
(6) As parent of the Minor, we agree that I will promptly communicate any problems or issues associated with the Minor’s participation in the Organization with Scholars for Scholars officials. I further agree that I will promptly report and disclose to Scholars for Scholars officials all pertinent information concerning the Minor’s ability to participate successfully in the Organization.
(7) As parent of the Minor, I understand that any concerns expressed by the tutor or anyone at Scholars for Scholars, regarding the well being, safety, or mental/physical state of health of the Minor, will not be considered slander or defamation of any kind and I understand that it is those associated with Scholars for Scholars job to look out for the best interest of the Minor. I understand that any concern for the Minors well being, safety, or mental/physical state of health must be reported to those in charge at the Minors local Scholars for Scholars branch, as well as the Minors school.
(8) As parent of the minor, I understand that all sessions between the minor and volunteer must be recorded. I understand that denying the recording of a session will lead to the immediate end to any current or future sessions, until a recording is taking place. I understand this is for the minors safety, as well as the safety of the volunteer. I understand all session recordings are private and will never be shared. I understand that session recordings will only be viewed if a complaint is sent in and that pending a complaint, the session will only be viewed by the proper authorities.
Sub-Section A: (Applies to students signing up that are over 18.)
I am over 18 years of age and I understand that the Terms and Conditions above apply to me as well. I understand, I myself would be referred to as the parent of the minor, in the above sections.